Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me! by John Lee

I am finally three!! I have been waiting and waiting for my party!
I asked for a Bob the Builder party - we had a construction theme with lots of black, orange and yellow - my favorite!! We had caution tape instead of streamers and used tool boxes and toy trucks for decorations.
My friends each got a nail apron goody bag with fun loot inside - including a construction worker bubbles, a construction equipment magnet and bubble gum bulldozers!
Each family got a tape measure with my picture on it!
There were so many fun decorations and things to do I could hardly stand it!
Mama even found this fun Tonka playbox that we could crawl in to play construction site.
My cake was chocolate with equipment digging in! It was yummy! The sign on top says "John at Work" and it was a perfect match to my yellow "3" candle.
Everything came together for the food - the cones went on mini ice creams that came out when it was time for cake.
Everyone signed a special nail apron for me when they came in and got a hardhat and construction worker vest.
We started out with crafts! Painted suncatchers - construction signs and trucks and bulldozers. Note my Glad Press and Seal apron to keep my shirt clean!
I was so excited to see my friends and family and to celebrate all together!
Game time brought more fun with marshmallow hauling - we had to do a relay to get our giant marshmallows into the bucket using our frontend loaders.
I only took a couple of bites out of the marshmallows before it was done.
Next was driving the nails (golf tees) into the foam. We were good at this one! Look at Eli go!
I didn't really like sharing my hammers, but I loved driving the nails!
And finally, the wrecking balls! We used the balls to try and knock down the wall of blocks - we would have done this all day but Mama decided it was time for cake!
I said I wanted to sing first - and I did - "Happy Birthday to John, Happy Birthday to Me, Happy Birthday.." that is as far as I got because Mama said we had to let everyone else sing - so they did and I blew out my candle!
Then it was snack time!
And finally, time for presents! I got so many wonderful things and I really had fun opening each one to find out what was hidden inside.
I got a new "kitchen" grill to cook for everyone!
And finally a train table of my own - it has Legos on the other side - everyone liked playing with it.
Denny got me this whole tool man set!
It was a great day with friends and family - extra special because Uncle Shawn and Aunt Tabby made it over to celebrate with us.
I would have partied all day and never let my friends leave, but once the house cleared out, I was able to play with all my new cool stuff!
I am so excited to be a big 3 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment