Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Goodbye, Keebler by Denny Lynn

So, Keebler kept us guessing all month long! Each night after his report to Santa he would come back and do whatever fun stuff he could think of! On the 18th Keebler had a movie night! From the mess, he must have watched lots of movies and he had to have control of all the remotes!
John and I have sticker charts for sleeping in our own beds all night - Mama did this with me and recently started with John - of course, I insisted on one for me, too, even though I always sleeps in my own bed. Keebler thought it would be funny to make his own sticker chart - you can see his is full, with more stickers everywhere. He was inside my wagon bed. I woke up at 2 in the morning and found Keebler - I had to wake up Mama and tell her that I wanted a new sticker chart because Keebler took mine. This was the first time Mama seemed really unhappy with Keebler.
Next we found Keebler opening gifts - none of which were for him! Luckily he didn't make too big a mess this time and we didn't have to rewrap everything. John was adamant that those were not Keebler's presents!
Grandma and Grandpa came for John's birthday and the we were very excited. I set up a bed for them in my room only to find the next morning that Keebler claimed the bed! I immediately called Grandma and told on the elf.
The morning of John's birthday party, Keebler took the dry erase markers and wrote on our bathroom mirrors.
John's said "Happy B-elf-day" with an arrow that said 3 year old. Mine said Happy Big Brother Elf-iversary, with an arrow that said Big Brother.


On the 23rd, Keebler hi-jacked John's bulldozer - he was headed off with donuts in the scoop and marshmallows in the backhoe!
On Christmas Eve, Keebler appeared at Grandma's house. He was riding the train around the tree. He left John and me a letter and a photo album with pictures off all his antics. He told us we were on the nice list and he would be back next year. He also said he would lift the magic for goodbye hugs at bedtime.


We really loved looking at the pictures ane remembering the fun we had.
It was hard to say goodbye - but I was so glad I could hug  him goodbye!
John hugged him, too, but it made John sad to say goodbye.
We set him up by Santa's cookies and Diet Coke. We both really miss Keebler and talk about him often. I can't wait for him to come back next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment