Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day by Denny Lynn

It's a snow day! Even Mama's office was closed, so we got to stay home. First thing we set up all my trains to wait for it to warm up enough to go outside. Well, not all my trains, but a few.
Finally it was time to get ready! It took a long time to get everyone ready - I had on sweats, widn pants, two pairs of socks, a t-shirt, my Elmo fleece, gloves, my jammie hat and my heavy coat. Then Mama put sandwich bags on our feet with duct tape so our toes wouldn't get wet and freeze.
John had footy pajamas under wind pants and a sweat shirt - then he got a heavy coat and sandwich bags, too. When he fell over, he couldn't get up!
 We blazed trails in the snow! It was the first time for John, and he liked it (at first, he got tired of it pretty quick because it was hard for him to walk).
 I was too excited about building snowmen to worry about anything else. We had some trouble getting the snow to stick, so Mama used my bucket to pack it and make a base. We used a up for his head. Then we used a cup again after John knocked his head off! I picked our a stick to make arms and found a carrot for his nose.
We used my Santa hat and John's sunglasses for finishing touches. He came out pretty cute. Daddy had to go to a meeting, but when he gets home I know he will help me make a big snowman to go with my little one!
I liked teaching John about the snow and playing outside. It was too cold to stay out long. It took as long to get dressed as we were actually outside - but it was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment