Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Our Albuquerue Vacation by Denny Lynn

Daddy had a special work thing in Albuquerque and we got to go! It was a nice dress up dinner. I even won a door prize. I picked a book about horses. I met lots of nice people and ate yummy food.
The really cool part was that we stayed overnight in a hotel and then went to the Aquarium and the Zoo! I was sooo excited! We saw all kinds of fish. I especially liked the sharks.
I even got to pet a Manta Ray. It came right up out of the water for me to touch it. At first I jumped away, put once I finally felt him, I kept going back to do it again!
There is a train that takes you from the Aquarium to the Zoo. I was thrilled. I wanted to ride in the caboose, but it was full, so we got in the animal car. We had it all to ourselves. The train even went through a dark tunnel. Daddy was scared, but I held his hand and told him it was ok.
Once we got to the zoo there was so much to see! I really liked the giraffes - I even told Grandma that I climbed up their necks and picked an apple out of the tree - that is not quite true, but I think she believed me. I also liked the zebras. I spent the whole weekend telling everyone that if it doesn't have a tail it is not a monkey it is an ape - I learned that on Veggie Tales. We rode the zoo train, too and looked at all the fun behind the scenes stuff.
When it was time to head back I finally got to ride in the caboose and have a little snack. I fell asleep as soon as we finished lunch. What a great trip with my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment