Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Math Man by Denny Lynn

Since I am so good at math, my teacher let me create a math center for my friends. I worked with Daddy and we came up with a great idea. I would  have a pet shop/adoption center where they would get a certain amount of money and be able to buy animals. Mama helped me make the stuff.
We got play money and a cash box.
Then we used calendars to pick animals for the shop. Each animal has a prices. Horses are $5, birds are $.50 dogs and cats are somewhere in between - we have things for $.75, $1, $2 or $3.
Mrs. Cowdrey put my animals up on the board so it is easy to pick and set me up a board to keep track of what each person spends - we make change after each animal and they can see what else they can purchase. I have four friends go through each day.
I have really enjoyed coming up with the game and using it to help my friends learn about money and math.

No comments:

Post a Comment