Friday, November 16, 2012

Thanksgiving Treats by Denny Lynn

I love any holiday and look for ways to make it special! I wanted to take special treats to wish my friends a Happy Thanksgiving. Mama found a cool idea for a popcorn treat - it was kind of hard, so we made some adjustments, but they still came out pretty cool. First we popped the popcorn.
Then we put some in a snack size bag - one for each friend and teacher.
Using green crepe paper - we made an "X" to wrap the bag of popcorn and tied it at the top (no pictures of that, because Mama did most the tying!)
I was really good at scrunching up the tops to shape the husks.
Then we added a sticker that said "Happy Thanksgiving, Wishing you a bountiful harvest, Love, Denny".
And tada! Little Thanksgiving ears of corn. Somehow, I stuffed 5 bags and ended up with 30 to give out. It must be magic corn! I can't wait to share Thanksgiving with my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment