Friday, November 30, 2012

Oklahoma Travels by Denny Lynn

Fall means Thanksgiving and a trip to Oklahoma! I was excited for weeks wanting to go see everyone! Uncle Jeff and Emily set up a tent for me and John to sleep in! It was way fun!
At Granny Sharon's we got to play with lots of fun stuff - including a new fishing game. I was really good at it.
I even beat Uncle Jeff!
After lunch we went to the park by Granny's house. We like it because it has the big slide.
Someone even painted the bouncer like a skunk - pee-ewww! But it was a good ride.
I teeter-tottered with Uncle Jeff...
...and he helped catch us when we would fly off the end of the slide!
We checked for monsters in the trees...
...and took a family picture...
and took advantage of some other photo opps!
Here we are in deep discussion - don't worry, no chicken fights allowed - but if there were, I think me and Uncle Jeff could take 'em!
On to shopping - we do lots of shopping at the farm and western stores we don't have at home - I liked the derby, but mostly I wanted to wear it to the Kentucky Derby where Secretariat won.
Mama taught us to make a Santa face with bubbles in the bathtub and I insisted on a picture!
We visited the cemetery in Rose to see Granny Nellie and Papa Melvin. We had other adventures, too that you can read about in our other posts.
Before we headed home, we made pictures to hand on Uncle Jeff and Emily's wall. I used all my favorite colors - blue, green and orange.
It looked really great framed and hung on the wall.
Before we left Uncle Jeff's we got to open early Christmas presents! I love my new play pistol with sound effects!
Then John and I got new John Deeres and Cars books! We were super excited and thank Jeff and Emily for thinking of us.
We stopped to say goodbye to Papa...
...and got to help him fix his flag. It was fun, we have been practicing the Pledge of Allegiance.
Then off we went - one final shopping trip and lunch at Chilis.
Then we spent the night in Hereford and took a little time to ride the bull in front of our hotel. It was a great trip and I am ready to go back for more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment