Thursday, November 8, 2012

Halloween Jockey Style by Denny Lynn

Halloween is finally here! I was so excited about trick or treating and wearing my jockey costume I could hardly stand it!
First, we headed to the Trunk or Treat at Ms. Darcy's church.
I took Secretariat with me.
We even went on a hayride with Holly and Eli. I was glad to see them and Ms. Darcy!
Holly showed us where to go to bite the donuts! The donuts were on string and  you had to get a bite with no hands!
It was really fun!
Next it was off to the cake walk! We walked while the music played and once it stopped, if they called your number you won a cupcake!
I picked an "almost" blue one.
We got tattoos on our hands - they had jack-o-lanterns on them!
Then it was off to the outdoor games! We picked a duck for a prize...
....busted a balloon for candy....
...played golf with Ms. Jennifer....
...and busted a balloon with a dart. This was a good game, because the college kids were in charge and they gave out big handfuls of candy!
J was in charge of the Angry Birds game - we had to catapult the bird into a wall of blocks. We had so much fun with all the games and seeing our friends.
Then it was off to Uncle Rex and Aunt Lynette's. I really wanted to trick or treat at a house this year, so we headed over to their house. Aunt Lynette had cookies and cupcakes for us.
And she even let me hand out candy to the trick or treaters.
Then we walked down their block to trick or treat ourselves!

Our final stop was Miss Amy's house to say Happy Halloween and get more candy. We were pretty tired my this point!
It was a very successful night, filled with friends, family and lots of laughter, but it made for two very tired jockey's! But on the way home, we were already planning for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment