Friday, November 30, 2012

Oklahoma Travels by John Lee

Yea, Oklahoma! We got to go and visit family over the Thanksgiving holiday and we were ready to get there and see everyone! Uncle Jeff and Aunt Emily even had a tent set up for us to sleep in!
We made several stops at Braum's as usual - I get very excited when I see the big ice cream cone!
We hung out at Granny Sharon's - she had some fun games and toys for us to play with, including a fun fishing game.
We took her to lunch and then headed to the park with the big slide! It is really tall and we love it!
I also took a turn at being a squirrel jockey.
And it was a team effort to teeter totter with Uncle Jeff!
We made Daddy and Uncle Jeff spin us on the merry-go-round. A lot.
And then back to the slide.
Uncle Jeff got to be the catcher - until he let me fall in the dirt - luckily I thought it was funny!
We looked for hidden treasures in the trees.
And took time for a couple of photo opps!

As usual we did a little shopping at the stores we don't have at home. I enjoyed trying on the derby!
Kayla came over to play and we made Uncle Jeff our horse...A lot.
We took time to go visit the cemetery at Rose. We saw Granny Nellie's and Papa Melvin's graves.
Before we headed home we made pictures to decorate Uncle Jeff and Emily's house. I used yellow and drew chicken and french fries!
Then I made sure Uncle Jeff got it hung up just right!
We got to open out Christmas presents early - I got a new powpow that makes good sounds!
Then we got to open one together - inside were new John Deere vehicles and books.
We said goodbye to Papa and I pretended to sleep in his lap.
With a little final shopping and more fun hats to try...we were off!
We stopped off in Hereford, Texas and stayed at the hotel with the big bull. I liked him.
Finally, it was the last leg of our journey as we loaded up and headed on home. It was such a great trip, I was worn out!! I am happy to be home, but I already miss everyone in Oklahoma and can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment