Friday, November 16, 2012

School Thanksgiving by Denny Lynn

We got to have a special Thanksgiving Feast at school today! I signed up to bring cookies. We made my favorite chocolate chip cake cookies and Mama let me cut them into turkeys, pumpkins and leaves.


Moms and Dads came to feast with us. We all lined up outside to sing our Thanksgiving songs.
Here is a brief sample of us singing the turkey song. I am excellent at the "gobble gobbles".
After songs it was time for prayer before heading in to wash our hands and eat!
 Everyone had brought stuff to make the feast. We had sandwiches, chips and the soup we all helped make.
 Everything looked yummy - I planned my meal to leave room for a cookie.
Here is the soup we made - I helped cut up carrots, potatoes and green peppers. I was very worried about getting the onions cut up, but Ms. Carolann told me that was her job because they might burn my eyes.
Finally it was time to pick a cookie! They all looked really good, but in the end I chose one I brought - after all, they are my favorite!
Before Mama had to head back to work I posed by my turkey - it is my footprint with my hand prints for feathers. Next to each feather is something I am thankful for. I am thankful for so many things - especially for my new school and my new friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment