Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Horse Season by Denny Lynn

I love the horses. I am finally big enough to get to do stuff to help get ready for riding. It takes a lot of patience to get it all together.
It is worth it once you are up on the horse. I even have my own "Denny" size saddle for riding.
I like to lope - going fast is fun. I will soon be ready to jump over things, too!
Of course, getting ready involves cheching to make sure everything works and finding all the supplies.
I like to help Daddy clean the poop out of the horses feet. I can get Felix to left his foot all by myself! Then we use a hoof pick to clean it out. It is important to keep their feet clean so they don't get sore.
I am also an excellent brusher - as long as I don't have to brush too high.
My next task to master is putting on the saddle. Daddy is teaching me to do all the buckles in the right order so that the saddle doesn't fall off.
I am learning to do so much on my own. I can't wait for the next weekend we get to ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment