Friday, April 27, 2012

Happy Birthday, Eli by Denny Lynn

Eli is three! We have been planning and planning for his pirate party! I got his present wrapped and I was ready to go!
There was a pirate ship to hold the presents and we could color on it!
Then we got to dig for buried treasure. I got 10 gold dubloons and a blue necklace. John's favorite thing was the big diamond ring!
Once I had my treasure, I could color on the ship, so Eli would know I had been there.
Then it was time to walk the plank!

Once you walked the plank, you got a pirate sword and patch! John is an excellent pirate!
I think I would make the better captain, though.
When it was time for cake, Ms. Darcy brought out the island cake (vanilla) and the ship cake (chocolate). We really wanted to cut it with our swords, but Mama made us wait so Darcy could do it with a knife!
We lined up on the plank to have our cake and ice cream!
Then it was present time! I got him a treasure chest bank that he could decorate and John took him pirate swim trunks for swim lessons!
At last it was pinata time!

We filled our sacks with yummy pirate treats!
Then we got our own treasure chest with special treats inside!

We were glad we could be part of Eli's birthday! It was a great day to share with him - even with the widn blowing 20 miles per hour!
For our treat boxes, Ms. Darcy made us each our own pirate shirt with our initials. We love them ane wear them all the time. Mama should have gotten John's picture before he got all dirty, but honestly, he is almost always dirty.
It was a great celebration and too much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment