Friday, April 27, 2012

Happy Easter by Denny Lynn

Grandpa built us a playhouse/train station! We got to play in it when we went to visit for Easter. Our first job was spreading the sand in our new sandbox. Angus had torn open the bags of sand in the playhouse, so it was a mess!
I used the dump truck to haul sand into the sandbox.
Next it was time for egg coloring. Egg coloring is serious business.
I worked very hard getting them in and out of the dye and setting them up to dry.
Once they dried, we got to decorate them. I really liked the shrink wraps. You just put them on the egg...
...then use the hairdryer to shrink it down tight.
They came out pretty cool! This bunny one on a blue egg was my favorite.
Grandma and Grandpa fixed us fun baskets with Easter stuff. I got a kite and a Rosie train - all in a firetruck basket.
I love hunting eggs! Since I love games, this is right up my alley!
I could even find the sneaky ones!
Once they are found, you get to see the treasured inside. I like the candy and of course, the money I found!
The Easter Bunny is a sneaky fellow. He decided to visit us at naptime, since we would have early church on Sunday. I tried to stay awake to catch him, but he managed to evade me again this year. One of these days I will get that rabbit! He left me a new toolbox, a watch adn even Scooby Doo underwear!
I practiced hiding glow in the dark eggs at home, so the Easter Bunny knew I liked them. He lefted supplies to make more and John and I got to have an egg hunt in the dark!
I love Sunday School - on Easter Sunday we had a special lesson about how Jesus was alive. I love the story and I love Jesus. Sunday School is best because Grandma is the teacher.
I took turns sitting with everybody in church. Grandma sang in the choir, so I started out with Grandpa, then moved up with Ma and Pa.
I got to have one of the left over flowers to wear home. I was really proud. I had to show it to Angus as soon as we got there!
I had one last playtime in the backyard before kissing everyone goodbye and heading for home. Easter was really fun! I wish all my cousins could have been here to share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment