Friday, April 27, 2012

Happy Easter by John Lee

We got to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house for Easter this year. Grandpa built us a new playhouse and sandbox. He saved the sand spreading for us!
My basic work plan is shovel a little sand...slide...shovel a little sand...slide.
We even got a new table with an umbrella for the yard. Every time I sat down at it I would tell them to bring me a hotdog. Nobody ever did.
We got to color eggs to hide. I thought this was exciting, but took entirely too long.
I liked all the colors, but yellow is still my favorite!
Once they dried we used shrink wrap and stickers to decorate them. This was more my speed.
Grandma and Grandpa had made us Easter baskets with lots of fun stuff. My chicken sings all kinds of songs and dances. He is very annoying and I love it!
Then it was time for egg hunts! I was a good egg finder. The trick it to beat Angus (Grandpa's corgi) to the eggs!
Grandma hid eggs with stuff in them. I was the best at finding ones with money in them! After the hunt, it is time to divvy up the loot!

Since we would have early church on Sunday, the Easter Bunny sent Mama a text that he would come at nap time. It was hard to go to sleep knowing he was on his way, but we were wore out! When we woke up, he had left us special things we could play with! We got tool boxes and new books. There were bubble six-shooters and new clothes.
He even left supplies for glow in the dark easter eggs so we could have another Easter egg hunt in the dark!
On Sunday morning - it was off to Sunday School.
I made it into church before I crashed in Daddy's lap.
Back at home it was play time before the long drive to our house.
Of course we couldn't go without lunch - I really liked the corn on the cob!! It was yummy and fun to eat. I am so blessed and thankful that we have Easter - I have been learning about Jesus and what he did for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment