Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Pumpkins by John Lee

I have been growing pumpkins! We planted the seeds back in July and waited for them to sprout. Then we planted them in the ground, making my own pumpkin patch!
I was very excited when the blossoms started to fall off and pumpkins started to form.

I watched them grow and grow! Finally, one turned orange. It had grown on the fence, so we put it in some pantyhose to keep it from breaking off.


It was beautiful!
I made a display board showing the life cycle of a pumpkin which I had learned all about. I used it to teach my class and the 4-H Club about growing pumpkins!
Finally, in November, the vines were all shriveling up, so me and Mama picked all the pumpkins.

I ended up with a dozen or so that I had grown myself. I hate it that they won't last forever, but I know we can plant more seeds next year and grow more pumpkins!

No comments:

Post a Comment