Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Animal Research Report by Denny Lynn

We got to select an animal to research at school. I told Mama I wanted to do horses (this was great, because we already had a horse costume, and we got to dress like our animal). Unfortunately, when it came time to choose, there weren't any horse books, so I picked a dolphin. I loved learning about their habitat, appearance, family, diet and some interesting facts. The hardest part was finding a dolphin costume. Mama and me ended up having to make it. We found a rubber dolphin nose and that helped.
We used felt and a gray hooded sweatshirt for the rest.
I helped cut out and glue.

It came out pretty cool!

Finally, it was time to present. We made waves from a display board with my notes on the back for an outline. Mama downloaded a dolphin sound onto the iPad that I used in my opening and closing remarks.



Everyone loved my presentation. I was kind of glad Mama made me practice so much! All the families stayed for lunch after the presentations.
 Later, Mama and John came back for our class Halloween party.
 It was a fun day - I was an awesome dolphin! I can't wait to see what I get to research next!

No comments:

Post a Comment