Monday, November 24, 2014

Pumpkin Lessons by John Lee

I loved growing pumpkins so much this year I wanted to share it with everyone! Ms. Angie said Mama could come and help my teach my class all about it. First, I made a board to teach from. Mama printed the pictures, but I helped color it and lay them out.

It came out really great - I even included pictures of me growing the pumpkins.
I helped Ms. Jessica lead off line time at school so Mama and I could teach.
I got all set up, just right!
Then I told them all about the life cycle of a pumpkin, using my board and props right out of my pumpkin patch.
From a seed, to a sprout, to a plant, to a vine, to a flower, to a green pumpkin to an orange pumpkin with more seeds to make more pumpkins!
I even brought a copy of the life cycle for my classmates to color and label.


I liked having Mama there and being the teacher. We even went over to the 3 and 4 year old class to present for them.

I liked sharing what I had learned! I can't wait to teach again!

No comments:

Post a Comment