Monday, December 30, 2013

Pumpkin Snowmen by Denny Lynn

Mama promised we could make our leftover pumpkins into snowmen. I had been saving up branches for arms just to be ready. Finally, we had some time.
Mama used a long paint stir stick as a base to stack the pumpkins on. I helped put them all together. It is important to use the smallest one for the head and remember to turn it side-ways to make the nose.


Once they were all stacked, we taped off the noses and painted them white.
I got to use the spray paint - it was harder than I thought, but I stuck with it.
John got to pick first, and he made Frosty.
His snowman had a yellow scarf and a tophat.
We used foam shapes to make buttons and faces. Frosty came out great and looks so friendly on the porch.
I named my snowman Rudolph - it was hard to pick a name since John took Frosty. I wanted him to have blue eyes and different colored buttons.
I used a marker to make his mouth.
I was really proud of him - I wish the snowmen could stay forever, not just for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment