Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Presents by Denny Lynn

Christmas time means giving and I love to make homemade gifts! This year we had stockings in our class and we each got to bring things to fill them. I decide to make bath bots and tub monsters. We used mint tins (the really small ones) for cases. I counted out enough for my whole class.
Then I added labels - one with the instructions and one that said they were from me.
Next came the fun part - adding the foam shapes! Everyone got enough to make robots or monsters in the bathtub. Once the foam gets wet it sticks to the wall or tub and you can used and reused the shapes to make cool stuff.
I filled them all up and then bagged them for school.
I made bigger sets for my other friends and cousins. This time I used soap dishes.
And put their name or initial on the outside with foam letters.
I am really happy with how they came out! Next John and I made gifts for our teachers and the neighbors. We are good counters - that was our job, counting out the papergoods to make gift bags.

I even helped tie the ribbons and add the tags.
It turned out to be a fun, practical gift. I can't wait to make something else!

No comments:

Post a Comment