Monday, December 30, 2013

A School Birthday by John Lee

I am so excited to be turning 4! We scheduled a special time to celebrate at school with my friends. Mama found Superman and Batman rings to put on chocolate cupcakes. I helped get them ready.
They came out great! I love all the colors and couldn't wait to share.
We have a special way of recognizing birthdays at school. First you get to wear the birthday crown! I was super excited to put it on.
Then you get to lay out the months around a candle - the candle is the sun.
Once all the months are out you get to carry the world around them one time for each year you are old.
Then they sing Happy Birthday and God Bless You - then you can blow out the candle.
As the birthday boy you get to dismiss your friends for snack. I really liked being in charge and calling out all the names.
After snack, we had cupcakes! I really do like school, even though I don't want to go everyday. I liked sharing my birthday with my teachers and friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment