Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Our Christmas Program by John Lee

Ms. Denise put together an alphabet Christmas program for us at church. Each letter helped tell the Christmas story. Denny was 'D' for donkey, and he got to wear the donkey costume.
I started out as a camel, but switched to be the yellow shepherd. I really wanted to hold the 'J' - but it never worked out that way. We had dress rehearsal with all the kids.


Finally it was the day! We had learned our song and were super excited to do our show for the church. I wanted to hold the 'J' - Mama was handing us letters and I told her I wanted the 'J' - but she insisted the letters had to go in a certain order.
Denny ended up with the 'J' after he did the 'D'.
Next I was 'L' - have I mentioned that I really wanted to hold the 'J'?
We had special mics to sing Away in a Manger - then we got to take our microphones home!
We all did a great job! Everyone loved it - we all took a bow at the end. I was a great yellow shepherd and I did everything I was supposed to do! I just wish I had gotten to hold the 'J'. Next time.
I only wanted the 'J' because 'J' is for John and Jesus. I am glad we had the chance to remind everyone what Christmas is really about.

No comments:

Post a Comment