Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pumpkin Time by Denny Lynn

John and I each got a pumpkin at the fair, then Mama and I each got a pumpkin at the Pumpkin Patch on my field trip. Mama also bought some from a fundraiser. We have pumpkins everywhere! Decorating them is the best part. We got to carve one. I picked the biggest one to carve. We drew on the face and them cut the top off.
Mama made me and John clean it out. It was kind of slimy and it took lots of scraping.
and more scraping...
Mama let me help carve out some of the pieces.

And then more scraping....
We finally called it good and put him out on the porch with candles in him for a spooky glow. He came out great and has lasted pretty good.
With all these pumpkins we had a lot of choices to make for decorations, including some new ones. Mama got me a Hulk set to decorate one - I followed the instructions to make sure it was just right.

He looks pretty tough!
Then I made a puppy...

...and finally a pirate. I made the pirate all by myself, even poking the holes.

The porch looks great and colorful with all these cool pumpkins. We are ready for Halloween and a happy fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment