Friday, October 4, 2013

My Fair Food by John Lee

Wednesday was the day to enter the Baked Goods contest at the fair. We started on those projects early, too. We like to make candy to enter. First, I made simple fudge - we added peanut butter chips for a different flavor. It is really easy to make, especially if Mama forgets to take the chips out of the van for a couple of days, then you can just squeeze 'em into the bowl, pre-melted! 

I also made Tiger Butter - I got to take leftovers to church and it was a big hit! White chocolate and peanut butter with chocolate on top!



Finally, I made pralines. My favorite part was packing the brown sugar! It was like playing in the sand.

I was so inspired by candy making that I had to put on my cooking clothes!
Here I am - Chef John, spooning up the pralines. Everything was yummy! I can't wait to see if the judges liked it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment