Thursday, October 31, 2013

My Pumpkins by John Lee

I love pumpkins! Play pumpkins, real pumpkins, pumpkin flavor...all of it! I was super excited to get to have pumpkins at our house. We carved one of the big ones Mama brought home. We drew on the face and then cleaned it out - it was yucky, but Mama made us help.

I licked the pumpkin and it was yummy, just like I knew it would be!
It look lots of work to get the pumpkin good an clean.
Then Mama and Denny cut out the face (for some reason Mama seemed hesitant to give me a knife) - anyway, he came out great - Mama lit the candles and I put the top on!
Next came my squash - or as I call him, yellow pumpkin. First I made him a doggy.
Then we found a REAL yellow pumpkin at Tractor Supply - I was sooo excited. I made it into a witch.

We have lots of pumpkins this year, so when Mama found some new decorations, she grabbed them up. I got to make an Iron Man pumpkin!

The containers the faces come in are perfect for a hat.
I also wanted a ghost pumpkin - Mama threw a cup towel over one and we added a face.
Don't tell the other pumpkins, but I think he is Mama's favorite.
I remade my squash into a troll type guy - we don't really know what he is, but he has pointed ears and a big nose.
We ended up with 10 pumpkins in all, but over half of them were free, so that is not so bad. The porch looks really great! I hope we can keep the pumpkins all year. I have even been putting candy in the carved one to feed the bugs that are in it. (Mama sprayed it with Off to make them leave - she thinks I don't know).

No comments:

Post a Comment