Friday, October 4, 2013

My Fair Food by Denny Lynn

Once all our crafts projects were done, it was time to make our baked goods for the fair. I made Jolly Rancher lollipops first. You lay out the jolly ranchers and just heat them in the oven.


I liked watching them melt together.
Then we wrapped up the best ones for the judges....
...and ate the leftovers! They are definitely blue ribbon in my book!
It takes a lot of supplies to make candy. I made spiced glazed pecans in the crockpot. 
The glaze was butter and powdered sugar. They had to cook a long time, but you had to stir them often.
While they were cooking I made some caramel. Once all the ingredients were in, you only had to cook it for six minutes.
But, you had to stir it every 2 minutes.
Then smooth it out in a pan to cool.
Finally, the pecans were glazed and I added the spices (ginger, cinnamon and clove). They smelled really good!
I shook them up to get them all coated, then made smaller tubs for the fair. It was fun to make new stuff! Can't wait to see if I win any ribbons!

No comments:

Post a Comment