Thursday, October 31, 2013

Fundraising, by Denny Lynn

My first year at school also brings my first fundraiser. I got to sell things like cookie dough and Christmas stuff and a bunch of other stuff people could pick from. I set a goal to sell 24 items to get the prize I wanted.
I practiced what I would say so I could be a good salesman. I told everyone I was raising money for my school and my field trips. I was such a good salesman I sold even more than my goal, including selling to family and friends who are far away.
We collected all the money and turned in our order forms. Then we waited. Mama helped me make thank you notes to go with all my orders.
When everything finally arrived we sorted it all by the person who bought it.
Then I signed all the notes...
And made bags for each order.
We bagged it up and stapled on the note. Then it was off to deliver.
I got some neat prizes and I had fun putting everything together. I kind of liked the selling stuff because it gave me and excused to talk to everyone. I really appreciate all the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment