Friday, July 22, 2011

The Science Museum by John Lee

Before we took our trip to Oklahoma, we had to stop off in Albuquerque for Daddy to work. While he was working, Mama took Denny and I to the Explora Museum. On Mondays, they open early just for toddlers and preschoolers, so it was just right for us! 
They had so many fun things!This is a giant ball maze. You can change the direction of the balls by turning the knobs.
You can spin this giant ball and watch the clouds shift and spin. I really liked to make it spin!
They had lots of things to explore and build. In this room you could use pvc pipes to connect the boxes - I was really good at putting the pipes into the holes. Denny and I can figure out anything!
They even had our favorite things - TRAINS! You could build tracks on the floor and drive them all over. It took some doing, but Mama finally got us away from here to do some other stuff!
One section taught you all about wind and air. I liked the blowers.
Denny even made a spin out of a Dixie cup that flew up in the air. For some reason, no one would give me any scissors, but that was ok because I found plenty of other things to do!
One room was all mirrors! That was fun. Even the floor was mirrors - every time I took a step I would say "sorry" or "scuse me" to the John in the floor.
There were games and puzzles of all shapes and sizes.
They even had some animals! We really liked the turtles. There were also snakes and big lizards.
And what kid wouldn't love giant bubbles!
Denny was really good at the spinners. Mama got us spinners to take home so we can practice. They are made with a penny in the middle!
The last section we went to was all about music and instruments. We played pianos, fiddles and guitars.
By this time, we had worn Mama out! So we decided to take the elevator down - and we were glad we did! It looked like a livingroom!
We missed Daddy, but the museum was really fun and someday we want to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment