Friday, July 22, 2011

The Dinosaur Museum by Denny Lynn

I have developed an affection for dinosaurs! I really wanted to see the dinosaurs in Albuquerque, but we didn't have time, so Daddy took us all to the dinosaur museum in Tucumcari on the way to Oklahoma. 
Anything with a green hand by it you were allowed to touch. This was good for us, because me and John like to touch everything! They had lots of cool fossils and rocks for us to feel.
We saw fun skeletons. John would say "rarrr" at them, but I don't think dinosaurs roared like that.
We got to ride on a dinosaur - just for as long as we could sit still - so not long!
They had a pit for an archeological dig - the sand was made from nut shells and you can find real bones!
This pit is sand and you can make footprints for different animals.
This is how me and John fit in a dinosaur footprint.
And finally, my favorite dinosaur, the Triceratops! I let him taste my arm. We also put John in his mouth, but Mama wasn't fast enough with the camera and we couldn't get him to get back in!
I was a little disappointed that it was all statues and no REAL dinosaurs, but I still really liked the dinosaur museum and I am so glad my Daddy took me there!

No comments:

Post a Comment