Monday, July 25, 2011

Hangin' With the Leadership Team by Denny Lynn

Mama just finished being advisor to the State 4-H Officers. It is a pretty cool job to have. They all came in early for State 4-H Conference and in the evenings I got to tag along! We went to Ms. Linda's house and there were 4-H Olympics! It was so cool. I discovered the bubbles first and John kept himself busy by stealing all the lawn ornaments.  
We got to have fun nametags, too. John had to wear his on his back so he couldn't take it off.
There were relay races, a hula hoop contest and even a watermelon eating contest! I wasn't really on a team, but I tried to keep up!
I was pretty messy after the watermelon, but so was everyone else!
John liked filling his water bottle with rocks and then dumping them out. Sometimes he misses out on all the fun!
After all the games, we got our medals. I am very proud of mine and so is John! I even put on a light show with my glow sticks. I went out on the grass with all the lights out and Ms. Linda turned up the music so I could dance - and I did - then I said "That's the end of the show" and it was!
The next night we went to Frank's house. I turned most of the team into my personal ponies! They are suckers for kids!
We had lots of fun playing and of course eating! I really had fun with Annie and Elise.
I always like to see the 4-H kids and spend time with Mama. It was a busy weekend, but I loved it - I think John liked it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment