Monday, July 25, 2011

Gone Fishin' by Denny Lynn

Uncle Shawn brought a Mickey Mouse fishing pole. From the day I got it, all I could talk about was going fishing! Daddy said we could go while we were in Oklahoma! Jasper and Randall asked the neighbors if we could borrow their pond to do some fishing. I had been practicing casting and reeling it in, so I was ready.
I even let John try it out. Daddy helped me and John so we could cast better - we had to be very careful because of the hook!
I liked fishing. It was hot, and we didn't catch anything, but that is ok, since fishing is hard work and it takes practice!
We had fish sticks for dinner in honor of my first fishing trip - I cried because I wanted to eat "real" fish, not "pretend" fish. Mama assured me that it was real fish, just not fish I caught. Anyway, they were pretty good with ketchup!

No comments:

Post a Comment