Friday, October 15, 2010

Waiting for Santa by Denny Lynn

I know what you are thinking - it seems a little early, but my Mama will tell you - desperate times call for desperate measures. I have been having trouble lateley transitioning from one activity to another - going to Ms. Darcy's, levaing Ms. Darcy's, getting in the bath, getting out of the bath, going to bed - you know, two year old things. Mama talked to Santa about it. I busted her on the computer with him. I wanted to talk to Santa, too, so Mama said we could make him a picture. Mama helped me and this is what we came up with. I insisted my Santa be blue, because I like blue. We hung it on the wall be the door so Santa could come get it.
 Mama told me I probably wouldn't see Santa - he is sneaky and doesn't like to be seen, but I was pretty sure he would come and I could set on his lap. I waited on the porch for a while just so I wouldn't miss him. Every car that went by I was sure was Santa. We Daddy came in, I thought it was Santa (but I was still glad to see Daddy).
I took my bath and got ready for bed - then I heard a knock on the door - I knew it was Santa, but I wasn't fast enough! He took the picture I made him and in it's place left a letter for me. He told me I am a good boy, just having a rough time. He gave me a new timer to help me be ready to change gears when needed. And reminded me not to have any fits.
He also brought kites for all my friends at Ms. Darcy's and asked me to deliver them. There was one for everybody - even John! There was also a puppy flashlight for John because he is a good brother.
The best thing of all was a train just for me. It was blue like Thomas and Santa said it could remind me to not have fits and be nice to Mama and Daddy so he could bring me more trains at Christmas. I love Santa and I am going to try to be the best little boy - but I am still a two year old.



No comments:

Post a Comment