Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fall Decorating by Denny Lynn

I have been so excited to get out our scarecrow and decorate! We actually found two scarecrows in our decorations. Mama let me choose one of the pumpkins to carve. I picked a good one! I decided I wanted it to have a face to match the scarecrow, so we set up the scarecrow and got to work. First you cut around the top and open the pumpkin. (Just a note from Mama – all of this will sound really easy and fun, but she says overall it was time consuming, hard work – I think it was a breeze!)
 Anyway – next comes cleaning out the pumpkin. I used my “scoop” to get the seeds. It took a while to convince me that I should use my hands – but I finally tried – although I still thought it was “icky”.

Once he was cleaned out it was time for carving. Mama did a good job – even if I thought she was a little slow doing the “cutting” and kept telling her “Cut it Mama.” Finally he had a face.
 Mama put a candle in and we put him out on our porch.
Then we put out the scarecrows and some fall flowers and leaves. It looks great. I said Night Night to the pumpkin before bed and made sure Mama said Bye to the scarecrows this morning. I am very glad it is fall and we are getting ready for Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment