Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cowboyin’ by Denny Lynn

We got to go to Ruidoso and stay in Grandma and Grandpa’s “cabinet” – aka cabin. I waited all evening – through dinner and playtime – to see a deer! She finally came! We used Uncle Rex’s big flashlight to see her having a snack in the yard. It was pretty cool. I got to sleep in my sleeping bag on the floor in Grandma and Grandpa’s room.
On Saturday we went to the Cowboy Symposium. We saw Rex and Lynette. I even sang a song for Uncle Rex to start off the morning. I love the Symposium! 
There are fun things to see and do and lots of music. I checked out the mules with Daddy and learned all about pack saddles. I got to make my own stamped leather keychain – I put a deer on it in honor of the one we saw.  
We looked at the chuck wagons where they were cooking lunch – I like the fires and I was amazed by all the things they were cooking. I checked out the lean-to and teepees. I wanted to get in the lean-to for a nap, but Grandma wouldn’t let me take my boots off!  
I took a short break with Grandpa to prepare for the rodeo – those folding chairs are not my idea of comfy! 
Finally, it was time for the kids rodeo! This is the first year I was big enough to do it. I was in the 3-5 year old group, because I am almost 3. They had us line up on a rope – I knew how to do that and got right in and stayed with my group. My first event was stick horse barrels. I talked to the announcer and ran really fast around the barrels! You can see some really great pictures Ms. Tammy got of me on her blog – click on McVaugh Moments on the right. Cady was in the same group as me and she won!! I still got a ribbon to take home, so it was ok that I didn’t win. My final event was musical hay bales – this was not my game, but I tried.
After all that rodeoin’ I had to get my boots cleaned by this nice lady. It was a good day, even though I was worn out at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment