Friday, October 1, 2010

State Fair by John Lee

I got to spend extra time at State Fair with Mama because Grandma came to watch me while Mama took care of 4-H stuff.
I got to sleep in the dorms just like a big kid and I took baths in one of Mama’s totes.
I got to see Uncle Shawn when he delivered the fish for the Natural Resources Building.
I even tried lots of new foods – Mama would turn around and find that someone had given me something. I liked the donuts and ate them double fisted.
The sucker was yummy, too and oh so sticky!
I also liked the taste of the corn in the Corn Box, but people kept taking it away – I did find it a good place to relax.
We got to visit fun places like the Red Barn and do some shopping in the Lujan Building. Mama got me a frame with my name on it and then Denny and I posed to be made into cartoons! I really thought that was fun. Ms. Lilly got me my very own dog to keep in Mama’s office – it was very fun to snuggle and wrestle – it made a nice pillow, too.
Denny made friends with the donkey at the Horse Council Booth, but I really liked the mule. I think he liked me as well.
I made lots of miles in my stroller checking things out. I hung out with cool 4-H Agents and especially Ms. Lilly.
It was pretty fun, although after each trip I was glad to get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment