Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Off to the Zoo by Denny Lynn

We didn't get to take a vacation over Spring Break, so we planned a family zoo trip. Mama helped us make zoo shirts for the trip. I wanted a tiger and a zebra - so I made an orange handprint and a white handprint.
The I added stripes and other details.


Next we used stencils to write Zoo and added the year.
I decided to use just my initials instead of me name.
It came out great and I couldn't wait to wear it to the Zoo!
Finally, zoo day arrived! We got a map and started off - the giraffes came first.
It is important to know where you are going - we always check the map!
The lions weren't out for us to see, but we checked out their home and learned about them.
We found the seal.
And checked out the reptiles..the giant turtle and the alligator - no snakes please!

Took a little time out to ride a tiger and an elephant!

This is how I measure up to an orangutan!
We found the sun bear - he was relaxing and super cute.
I blew him a kiss before we left.
It was a grand day with family fun and cool animals! Not a bad way to kick off Spring Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment