Monday, August 26, 2013

Kindergarten Here I Come by Denny Lynn

There is a lot to know to be ready for Kindergarten! We started out at registration night, getting all of the information and meeting the teachers.
Mama had to work a 4-H table, so while we waited for Daddy to come, John and I acted as the doormen.
We were excited to use the water fountains.
The PTO fed us ice cream to celebrate a new year. We signed up for our transition day time..I couldn't believe I had to wait a little bit longer.
Finally, it was Kindergarten Transition Day. I really didn't like it that Mama and Daddy got to come with me and I didn't get to stay all day, but I liked seeing my class and checking out the school.

Addie is in my class and I was super excited to see her! We did some puzzles together and listened to Ms. V read a story.

Then we met the nurse in her office and toured the cafeteria.
After some playtime, we learned about pick up and drop off in our spot - I had to borrow Mama's sunglasses because I forgot my hat.
Here I am with Ms. V - we are ready for a fun and exciting year!
It was finally time for the first day! Mama let me pack my lunch into my new lunch box.

I got right up in the morning and got ready to head out!
Addie and I were all decked out for the first day and ready to be Kindergartners!
I said goodbye to John...
...and blew a kiss to Mama and Daddy and off I went to be a big boy!
I am sure I will have lots of adventures to share at my new school with my new friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment