Monday, August 26, 2013

Cloverbud Day by Denny Lynn

I get to be a Cloverbud! We are going to have a club at Fairacres and I get to be in it. My first official function was the county Cloverbud Day! John stayed with Daddy, but Mama took me and I even already knew some of the other kids!
We started off with a game, then headed out to activities. I made a rocket and launched.

I learned about goats...
...dairy heifers...
...rabbits...
...made ice cream...

...did ceramics...
...learned about the parts of a saddle...
...and nutrition...
...did some scrapbooking...
...and made a pinch pot - but that was just the beginning!!
I made a doorhanger for my room...
...a cool visor to keep the sun out of my eyes...
...planted seeds...
...shot a bow and arrow...
...and a rifle...
...stuffed a goody bag to help a homeless person...
...and learned about not being a bully, but being a Super Buddy. I made my mask and my frame!


Then I made trail mix - one for me and one to give to a soldier.
My last project was a pig pancake, which was either yummy, or I was starving, because I ate every bite!
Tanner, Colby and I compared notes on what we had done.
I got my first 4-H Certificate and a 4-H Coin. I am glad to know that 4-H is for kids like me, not just the college kids and high school kids I have seen with Mama and Daddy.
And finally, I got a snow cone for the road! They had hot dogs, but I was too full from eating my pig. It was a yummy snow cone and Ms. Eva made me the biggest one ever! I decided I love 4-H and I want to do everything, but especially shoot a bow and have a rabbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment