Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Southern Fair 2012 by John Lee

Yeah for fair time! I am so excited to get to participate. I started out making a decorated t-shirt with turkeys on it!
Mama helped me paint my hand to make the body and the feathers.
Then I made my two turkeys!

Mama helped me with the feet and beaks to finish it off and I won a blue ribbon!
Pecans are my new favorite thing! I counted out my 12 to enter at the fair,
and I won 2nd place and a 2nd Best of Lot - that means a BIG ribbon and a check.
I also got ribbons for my VBS Memory Jar and Sea Shell Wind Chime. Next it was time for Baked Foods! I love anything that has to do with food, so this is perfect for me! I made my Tiger Butter first.
Peanut butter and almond bark go in the bowl...
and get mixed up...
and melted!
Then I spread them out on the pan for the base - this looked like a big pancake to me!!
Once the chocolate chips are melted they go on top to make the swirls.
For my next treat, I made fudge! Mama calls it cheater fudge, but it still ended up as fudge. It took a bag of chocolate chips and a can of sweetened condensed milk.
Melt and add vanilla - grab a donut for the chef and pour it in the pan to set.
I won 1st Place and Best of Lot for my fudge - then I won 1st place and 2nd Best of Lot for my Tiger Butter! Two more big ribbons!
We got to actually see the fair, too. We made pumpkins in the 4-H Barn - I picked a tall, bright orange one!
And a happy face with a yellow smile!
I was really proud of him and couldn't wait to take him home.
I was very excited to "baaa" and be the sheep.
Then we saw the real sheep and I asked the sheerer if I could take this one home. I think he would of let me, but Mama and Daddy didn't load her up.
We got a special surprise when we found Uncle Rex and Aunt Lynette. We showed them all the things we made!
I had lots of fun at the fair. We even helped at the Horse Show (sorry, no pictures this time). I was excited to take home all my awards and I am already asking for the next fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment