Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween Rewind - A Note from Mama

I love Halloween - I want it to be a fun experience for the boys each year. As we worked on Halloween stuff for this year, I went back through our Halloweens past. It was fun to see how the boys are growing and changing, although, as many of you know, it is going entirely too fast to keep up! For Denny's first Halloween I made a Halloween card to send out themed around his costume. That has become a tradition, so I thought I would share/remind everyone how much our little guys have grown.
In 2008, Denny was 8 months old and went as Charlie Brown.
In 2009, Denny was not quite two and we stole this idea from Ms Tammy and Colton! Denny went as a rodeo clown.
And then there were two...Now John was in the act. In 2010, Denny was 2 1/2 and went as Gilligan. John was 10 months and got to be the Skipper.
In 2011, I bought a lime green t-shirt in April, anticipating that Denny would want to be Shaggy from Scooby Doo. John was Fred.
And finally, 2012 brought the inspiration from Jason - we have jockeys, but not just any jockeys, Denny is Ronnie Turncott riding Secretariat and John is Lafitte ridding Sham. 
Dressing up is such a huge part of who they are and how they grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment