Friday, August 24, 2012

VBS Goes to the Beach by John Lee

It is Bible School time! I like going to Bible School, but I am kind of tired by the time it starts. We decided to have it on Wednesday nights this year. After the opening we got to pick a beach towel and head to class.
The first week we learned that God keeps his promises and how he sent his son Jesus a a baby.
Ms. Yvette was my teacher and boy did we have fun!
We got to dig on the beach, too. Beau and Eli were in my class.
My favorite part each week was snack time! The first week we had beach snack mix - I loved it because I could pick out all the M&Ms, and then I got Denny's M&Ms, too!
We got fun new sunglasses to take home, too. I am modeling the purple ones, but I traded them for yellow ones before we left!
Our mission project was to take school supplies for a local school. I picked crayons as my donation.
Sometimes I would dance and sing in the beginning - only if I thought it would get me snack, but I am quite the surfer!
We learned about God's provision and how he fed lots of people with just a few things the second week. When I tell this story, Jesus had five donuts and some fish.
We did crafts and made cool stuff.
Here is Ms. Coral helping me make my beach bag.
And then we loaded it up with my lesson for the week.
We each got our own puffer fish - I picked a yellow one!!
Learning about God is thirsty work.
Week three I didn't feel very good, so I hung out with Daddy, but week four I was better and my friends were back! We learned about God's plan.
Ms. Darcy helped me with my memory jar. I really like my picture. We trimmed it and had it all ready, but in the end, I didn't want John (the one in the picture) to get sand on him, so I refused to put him in the jar.
I added my own rocks and sea shells to make it look like a beach.
And finally - I had been waiting all day for Ms. Denise's cupcakes!!
I picked one with a yellow umbrella and it was yummy! I looked like a beach with teddies swimming and sunbathing!
I was very excited to go up with my class and get my certificate!
I gave Ms. Yvette a picture of us in a beach frame so when always remember VBS at the beach. I told her "Thank you for being my teacher!"
I am glad Bible School is over so I can rest, but I will miss seeing everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment