Thursday, August 16, 2012

Stay-cation 2012 by Denny Lynn

Between Ms. Darcy's changes and our new school starting, we had a few days off. Mama and Daddy declared it "stay"cation and tried to find fun things for us to do around home, since we couldn't go anywhere this time. We got out our little pools and played in the backyard. I liked filling mine up.
I also like spraying my brother, but that didn't go over very well.
I made up for it by being the big brother and helping John build stuff.
We got out all kinds of toys to keep us busy and enjoyed splashing around.
For our big outing, we went to Alamogordo to the zoo. It is a nice little zoo, just right for us and there wasn't alot of traffic! We saw turtles and different kinds of birds.
We got to feed the ducks and the swans.
We found all kinds of different animals out to play!
We jumped like a frog to see how far we could go - I made it all the way to 5!
We really liked the black bear - I think he wanted to come out and play with us.
It was a fun family day, and this time we remembered to take a picture with Mama!
We posed for pictures around the zoo...

...and played at the zoo park!
They have great things to climb on!
We finished up our trip with a lunch at McDonald's before the drive home - you can see where this photo is going, and no, it did not end well.
One of the highlights of the week was tractor driving! We drove all around the front yard with Daddy.
More lazy time in the pool.
Hanging out with the dogs.
A picnic in the park.
Making semi-homemade pizza.
Playing trains - even building my mountain track Mason gave me that Mama won't let me get out all the time.
And finally, a long awaited trip to Chuck E Cheese! I am an excellent jockey - but it is hardwork.
I especially liked the simulated roller coaster - it was new since we went last time.
I love my old favorites, too!
This was a great way to culminate our "stay"cation, now on to our school adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment