Thursday, August 16, 2012

Lots of Goodbyes by Denny Lynn

This summer brought lots of changes for us. We had to say "goodbye" to our routine and several very special people!! I helped Mama make some going away gifts for people in her office. We started with Miss Braeden. She is very special to me and John because she also kept us at church on Wednesday nights. I know Mama will miss her at the office, too! We used Mama's Cricut to make a gift card bouquet. I helped fold and glue on the flowers.

We put each gift card flower on a stick and then added them to a bucket with a gift tag.
Next, we made a special coffee jar for Miss Amanda. She is going off to be a teacher in a place where coffee is hard to come by. We etched the A.
The biggest change for us will be leaving Ms. Darcy's. She is going back to school, so we will be going to a new school, too! We made her a gift card bouquet as well, but this time, John and I decorated photo frames to go in it. John's was yellow of course. 
I used lots of colors on mine.
This one went into a glass vase with a raffia bow.
Then it was time to make gifts for my friends. I know it will be hard to say goodbye and wanted them to have something to remember us by. We decided on treasure jars. We made tags with a special treasure poem. I picked a color for each friend and glued on the poem.
John helped, too.
Then we punched a hole in the corner...
...and added the raffia to tie it on.
Mama etched each jar with my friends initials - H for Holly, P for Patrick, C for CJ and E for Eli. I put in a blue jewel (because I like blue) and a picture of me.
John put in a yellow crayon and a pick of him.
We closed them up and added the tag.
For our goodbye day at Darcy's, we went to the movie and then when she asked what we wanted to do, we all picked playing in the water! It was a really fun way to spend time together.


There was also cake and ice cream!

Ms. Darcy made John and I each our own book with pictures from the first we came to her house all the way up to now! They are very special and will help us always remember our friends and this special place.

We gave everyone their gifts - I think they liked them and they even started adding their own treasures.

John really studied his book! He can name all the people in it.
I helped Ms. Darcy open her gift.
We tried to get everyone together for a picture to remember all our good times...
unfortunately, most of the pictures look like this...but that is ok, that is how it was most the time.
I know we will  miss our friends and we are thankful to Ms. Darcy for the time she gave to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment