Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Ruidoso Fun by Denny Lynn

We took an extra special fun trip to Ruidoso for the weekend! I was so excited to go to the races, but we found other fun things to do, too! Our hotel had a pool, which is always a highlight!
And we had a pizza party in our room where we could each watch our own movie!
On Saturday morning we got ready for an exciting day.
Grandma came up to see us. We met her at one of our favorite parks. We played tic-tac-to.
And did the monkey bars.
Then we snapped a couple of photos on the bench.
Finally it was time to head to the racetrack! I had yummy track hotdogs for lunch!
Potato chips included!
Daddy helped me read the racing form to decide which horses to cheer for.
I decided I would rather pick a horse with a shot at winning than just root for "blue" every time.
We got to pick out special gifts at the track gift shop, too! We each got our own goggles and "jockey sticks"! Thanks, Grandma and Daddy!
All jockeyed up - too bad we left our helmets at home!
We took a break from the races to get a gumball and play a couple of games.
I tried out my new stick on the lion!
We finished our day with the race horse sale. I saw a horse sell for $45,000, but I figure my horse Buddy is worth more!
It was a really fun weekend and I hope we can do it again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment