Tuesday, July 17, 2012

And They're Off by Denny Lynn

I love horse races!! My favorite movie is Secretariat. I watch it over and over. We even watch horse racing on television. I route for the blue horses and John likes the ones with yellow silks. While we were visiting family in Oklahoma, I went to my first live horse race! It was even more special because Papa and Nana came, too.
We got a the racing sheet so we could see which horses we would cheer for!
We made our way through the stands, too excited to talk!!
Typically, I like the three horse or the nine horse. They get the blue number. It was pretty cool to see the horses led out and around the track.
Then it was into the gates.
Between races we went back to ckeck out the line up for the next run. It takes alot of consentration to pick just the right horse.

Then you have to cheer them on!! Go, BLUE!!!
I am sure the racing form will be pretty handy once I can read. As it is, at least we could find the horses names.
We didn't do much betting, but we had a fun family day for Father's Day.

And we followed it up with ice cream from Braums!

Family time + horse races + ice cream makes for a very happy boy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment