Friday, September 30, 2011

State Fair by John Lee

Mama and Daddy have to work at State Fair each year. This is great for us because we get to have fun at the fair! I really liked the big blocks in the Kids Pavillion. I would have stayed there all day if I could have.

I also had tons of fun in the 4-H building! I played with Mr. John and Ms. Lilly. They helped take good care of me and Denny!
They even made us drums. We used old boxes and rolled up fair programs to make our own band.
We visited the Red Barn - my favorite was of course the puppies!
Anywhere I could find a table to crawl under I was happy!
Kid's Pavillion also had this great board of pins that you could push on and make hand prints. Other kids push from the other side. It was crazy fun!
We even had a pizza party in our hotel room! It was a great way to unwind and relax after a busy day!
Finally, we got to go to the corn pit! I found this dump truck and had a blast filling it up and dumping it out!
I also made some corn angels and did some swimming!
One of the highlights of the fair for us was the gumball machine. The one in the Horse Barn (by Daddy's booth) was really cool. The gumball did loopty-loops and everything before it came out.
Just FYI - blue gumballs and almost 2 year olds are not a good combination - this photos was before it got really blue - nose and all!
We also toured the McDonalds Farm. The first time I was asleep, so this time was much more fun! Here I am with Denny. I am the one trying to eat the plastic apple.
We drove the little tractors around the track - I couldn't reach the pedals, but Daddy helped me and it was still fun.
I let Denny milk the cow, but I was glad to check her out!
I also did a little roping.
And rode the saw-horse. I said "Yee Haw, Go Horsey!"
Then we picked veggies in the garden.
I really liked the fair, but in the end I was ready to go home. Of course, I really thought I would get to drive. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment