Friday, September 30, 2011

Southern Fair Exhibits by Denny Lynn

I am ready for more fair! Me and John put together some exhibits to enter at our Southern NM State Fair here in Cruces. Ms Tammy was nice enough to enter them for us! Thank you, Ms Tammy! I counted out 12 pecans to enter.
I picked my big watermelon that I was saving just for this!
Then I made a veggie train. I picked out all the veggies at the store. Mama showed me how to use toothpicks to put it together and I was off! We had to have 5 different kinds of veggies. The tracks are celery and carrots.
The engine and the freight car are zuchini or puchinis as I say! We used baby potatoes for wheels.
A train needs lots of wheels.
We added a parsnip for the cab and an aparagus tip for the funnel. It came out way cool!!
Mama got home just in time to help us get ready for the Baked Foods part. I wanted to make my famous popcorn balls! First we melted the caramels.
We added some bunny grahams to the popcorn.
Next came the sprinkles - this is my favorite part!
We drizzled the caramel on and then shook it up to coat all the popcorn.
We butter our hands and started making balls!
They looked yummy and  my hands looked messy! It was a fun project for me. We wrapped each one up with plastic wrap and a pipe cleaner.
I entered them myself Wednesday morning.
I was very excited to get to see all my exhibits! Especially since everything got a ribbon! My watermelon got 1st place and a free kids meal at Peter Piper Pizza (for me, not the watermelon!) My pecans got a 2nd place (John beat me!)
My train got a 1st place and a 2nd Best of Lot - it isn't as pretty as it started out, but I am still proud of it!
We also took my dragonfly - Ryer. He got a 2nd place.
My popcorn balls also got a 1st place! It is really fun to put stuff in the fair - I don't understand why it has to stay so long! I will be glad to get everything back on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment