Friday, September 30, 2011

Southern Fair Exhibits by John Lee

Fair time is never ending for the Turners! Southern NM State Fair is here in Cruces. This year, we planned ahead and had our exhibits ready for Ms Tammy to take on entry day (Mama was still in Albuquerque). We really appreciate Ms Tammy taking care of us! I got the little watermelon from our garden, since I am the little brother. I also got to pick 12 pecans to take. 
Foods are entered later, so when Mama got home we made our baking projects. I made tiger butter just like Ms Amy's! (In theary, anyway!) I had to taste the Almond Bark - it was actually pretty good.
This is me taking time out to have a fit because I wanted to eat more chocolate chips and Mama said I had to wait.
The fireman hat was as good as a chef's hat in my opinion! First we melted the bark and stirred in some peanut butter.
I am a crazy stirrer and ended up wearing a little of it! Don't worry - I had washed my hands really good before I started!
You spread out the peanut butter parts, then put the melted chocolate chips on top and swirl it all together.
I am a crazy swirler, too! Don't worry - I washed my hands before I started and again after I stuck them in the bark!
We chilled it in the fridge and then it was off to the fair to enter.
We had a really good year! I got a ribbon on everything! My watermelon got a 2nd place.
My pecans got a 1st place and 2nd Best of Lot (that is a big ribbon!)
My Tiger Butter also got a 1st place and a 2nd Best of Lot. I can't wait to take all my ribbons home at the end of the fair!
I fixed tiger butter to take and share at Show and Tell for school today! I hope everyone likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment