Thursday, December 23, 2010

Happy Birthday, John by Denny Lynn

I was well prepared to celebrate John’s birthday, even though it isn’t my birthday. I know my birthday is in February and I will be three. You can ask me – I will tell you! I helped make cookies with Grandma – they where animal cookies to go in the goody bags and on the table.
I also helped decorate and set everything up. It is pretty exciting to have a party at our house! I was ready when the party started – I even dressed to match my little brother in our farmer outfits.
Aunt Nette helped me make a cow puppet.
I played all the games – cow pie toss, animal charades and herd the animals – I got my pig in the barn just by using the stick.
I got to help John blow out his candle and sing Happy Birthday. I even got him a special pillow pet – I have been telling Mama for a month that John needs a frog pillow pet, but when we went shopping I picked out a dog – John has his very own puppy now! I was such a good big brother helping with the party that when it was over Grandma gave me a remote control Percy train – very exciting stuff!
I am glad I have a little brother – mostly!

No comments:

Post a Comment