Monday, December 6, 2010

The Christmas Train by Denny Lynn

The Friday after Thanksgiving we went to a special place called Dry Gulch to ride the Christmas Train. Uncle Jeff and Teddy even got to go.
It was cold, but that was ok – because it was really cool, too – we put on our “jammie” hats and gloves and off we went!

First we rode the train – a real steam engine! There are no flash photos on the train, so no pictures of that. I was very excited to get aboard and see the “station men”.
As we rode we learned all about how sin came into the world and God sent baby Jesus to die for us to take it away. There were neat pictures and even some real people acting out the story.
Then we went to see Santa! I was very excited – if a little nervous. When it was our turn, they took us back to knock on the door and Santa said come in! I walked right up to him and shook his hand. I told him my name was Denny Lynn Turner and that I wanted a James train and a big train I could get in for Christmas. Then I introduced him to John. He patted his lap for me to sit, but I said “how bout I stand by you” and I stood by his chair for a picture.
I hope Santa knows how much I enjoyed meeting him. I also got to ride on a little elf train and a carousel – I still don’t like the carousel much, so we ended up on a bench, but that was ok.
We also heard “The Night Before Christmas” while we rode in a horse drawn wagon. John really liked the wagon!
I was even very brave and went down the big slide!
My first train ride and Santa - who could ask for anything more. I am officially ready for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment