Wednesday, October 29, 2014

And Still More Fair Stuff by John Lee

It is down to the countdown for making entries for the fair! I made a Halloween shirt - yellow of course!
I added pumpkins and some bats. It is important to measure everything out so it fits just right.

After Mama irons on the special backing, we peel off the paper and then iron them onto the shirt.
My favorite part is the painting! I picked glitter paint!


I can't wait to wear it for Halloween!
Mama also found us cool tin can robot kits.
It is a wonder I ever get anything made for all the silliness...but we manage!
I really liked building my robot...

...and trying out the pieces!
I picked out a Coke can with a big yellow sunshine for his body. He really moves - super cool!
We saved up enough cans to make a windchime. We had to line them up smallest to largest.
Then I got to use spray paint to make them look awesome.

Once the paint dried we used a nail to put a hole in the bottom (now the top) of each can. We used twine and added a jingle bell in each one to make more music.
I love that it is noisy when you shake it - we just need the wind to blow!
We learned a little about leathercraft in 4-H, so Mama let us make a small project.
I picked a round coaster to stamp.
I like any project that involves a hammer.
Mama even helped me make a "J" shape.
My final project was a squash car for the vegetable class. I got to turn a giant yellow squash into a race car.
We made potato wheels....
Cucumber seats...
Radish headlights, a carrot bumper (on the back) and lettuce leaf flames! I think this might be my favorite project this year!
I also counted out pecans to enter. And it is off to the fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment